Friday, July 31, 2015

"How was your night?" and Other Unnecessary Questions.



I have a problem with people who ask me "how was your night?"

First of all I didnt tell you I was sick or suffering from insomnia. Second of all you are not my boyfriend who I would like to care about every detail of my life. Third of all its really not any of your business. Fourth of all I'm sure this is a steretypical question.
Like you seriously wanna know the details of how my night went? Im not so sure

Its important to care about people. Its important to care about how they are faring but when you ask me a question like "have you eaten?" and I tell you "NO" and you reply with "OK", please may I know what really was the point of that question?
While I belive in constructive and productive questioning. I dont think you have to feign care. A simple "Hello goodmorning, how are you?" would do. I most likely would'nt say anything more than "Fine" anyway even if  fire was burning on my head.

Iv come across people that chat you at 8:00 am on a monday morning with convos like this.....

Person: HI
Me : Hello
Person: GM (I Hate this!!! what the heck is GM???)
Me: Good morning
Person:How are you?
Me: Im fine thanks. U?
Person: Im good
Me: Nice :D
Person: HOW WAS YOU NIGHT?
Me: It was fine
Person OK. So are you at work?
Me: Yes (Its 8:00am on monday morning. Where else will I be?
Person: Ok
Person: Have you had breakfast?
Me: No
Person: Why?

Dear God!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know you are trying to be caring but Its a work day morning. I told you I'm at work. You should take the que that I'll most likely be busy by this time of the day and dont have time for small unproductive talk but you keep up with the unnecessary questions, dragging out the convo for an hour or more.
Mistur! Missus! haven't you got something of importance to attend to?
How serious would I look to my bosses chatting on the phone in the morning as early as 8am when there is serious work to be done?

I dont have time to play pretend. I'd rather we dont talk at all than to drag on a useless convo for over an hour, If you have a serious question to ask me then please by all means be my guest. If not kindly don't try chatting me up at all. Or better still call me up and ask me those silly questions and lets be done in the next five minutes. 

Dont get It wrong, I appreciate that people care enough to ask how well I snored and drooled during the night but lets keep it brief and ask about those things we really, sincerely care about.

But hey! what do I know? afterall I'm only unprofessionally speaking.















No comments:

Post a Comment